[Peace-discuss] Americans for Peace Now: Demand March 3 Netanyahu Speech to Congress Be Delayed

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Fri Feb 6 12:13:11 EST 2015

I don't think this is a free speech issue. Nobody is preventing Netanyahu
from talking. As Pelosi pointed out, he goes on American TV all the time.
This is a specific political event with a specific political agenda and a
specific political meaning. It's like the difference between saying that
someone can come to campus and give a talk and saying that they should give
a commencement address and get an honorary degree. I would be totally fine
with CIA director John Brennan coming to UIUC and giving a talk. I would
oppose him giving a commencement address and getting an honorary degree.

Robert Naiman
Policy Director
Just Foreign Policy
www.justforeignpolicy.org