[Peace-discuss] Jewish Voice for Peace: does Senator Durbin represent you, or Netanyahu?

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Wed Feb 11 13:05:45 EST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Naomi Dann, Jewish Voice for Peace <info at jewishvoiceforpeace.org>
Date: Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 11:11 AM
Subject: Robert - does Senator Durbin represent you, or Netanyahu?
To: naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=tkcSPb8Q1rqp9jJZ%2FwVAx%2BtrwdY06Tjr>

*Action Alert*
       ------------------------------
     Senator Durbin*: do you represent justice, or occupation,
discrimination, and war?*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8m0IvFvfNSk4keXjrMl67eCqi7iF4nzk>

  Tell Senator Durbin to #SkipTheSpeech

[image: Take Action!]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=4H0idpdhose611iOYiC1%2FutrwdY06Tjr>
------------------------------
------------------------------

Robert,

House Speaker John Boehner and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
started a firestorm by going behind the President's back to give Netanyahu
a bully pulpit in Congress.

But their plan is backfiring. The pushback has been unprecedented, with
over 17 Members of Congress pledging to #SkiptheSpeech. And the list is
growing every day.

*Senator Durbin is on the fence* *--- they need to hear from you today*. We
have just 3 days before the Congress heads home on recess!

If we can get just 50 constituents in your districts to call, we have a
real chance of adding a Representative from Illinois to the growing list of
Congresspeople who are going to #SkiptheSpeech.

*Call Senator Durbin** now and let them know you have their back to
#SkiptheSpeech. *
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=YBuXUJKxb8Vysx%2FamxAQ4OtrwdY06Tjr>

This politically-motivated and inappropriately timed speech is all about
what's good for Netanyahu - not Illinois, not diplomacy with Iran, and
certainly not Palestinians and Israelis who want a chance to live together
with justice.

*Unless we raise our voices now, Prime Minister Netanyahu will get a
high-profile platform on March 3 to promote war— using bigoted rhetoric,
deception and outright lies.*

This is a moment of unprecedented challenge to the unilateral bipartisan
support for Israel's policies of endless war, occupation and siege. We need
your representative to get off the fence, and make that challenge count.

*Tell **Senator Durbin to publicly pledge to skip Netanyahu’s speech before
they heads home to Illinois.*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=uS6K0w0R5tHx18UsPFoLH%2BtrwdY06Tjr>

We need to show our representatives they have our support when they show up
for justice, and embolden them to take strong stands against warmongering.

Onward,

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=A07toPLH0EavJF4C7QQNgetrwdY06Tjr>

Naomi Dann
Media Coordinator

[image: Donate Now!]
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=fT0yO%2BnJTthMBssXVakB1%2BtrwdY06Tjr>
Contact Info:

Jewish Voice for Peace
1611 Telegraph Ave, Suite 550
Oakland, CA 94612
510.465.1777
info at jewishvoiceforpeace.org
Connect with Us:

Become a 2014 JVP Member
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=K%2BKkmSmHsCxq0oZjluoR%2FuCqi7iF4nzk>
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=U4JC1OxCFP48QI2Re5JPB%2BtrwdY06Tjr>
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Lv1t3ViLVcRjCPuqG3p7zOtrwdY06Tjr>
| Flickr
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=PqbjlzRQA57LuHAFtejET%2BtrwdY06Tjr>
<Enter+email+address+here?subject=FWD%3A+Check+This+Out&body=I+thought+you+might+be+interested+in+this+message+http%3A%2F%2Fhq-org.salsalabs.com%2FblastContent.jsp%3Femail_blast_KEY%3D1316369>

Subscribe to our blog Muzzlewatch
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=uTtZtYziOhUss8ChE4SCRetrwdY06Tjr>