[Peace-discuss] [OccupyCU] [Peace] PDA Press Release on HJ Res 30

Debra Schrishuhn deb.pdamerica at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 10:44:06 EST 2015

Carl,
Your question as posed contains several premises, and I would suggest
that a person of free will can accept or reject those premises in part
or in total. Each citizen ultimately bears the personal responsibility
to make up her or his mind based on a reading of the text involved
rather than taking the intellectual shortcut of accepting another
person's interpretation of its meaning. I would further suggest that
there is not an absolute dichotomy involved.

The answer to your question, however, is pretty straightforward: Read
the bill. If you agree with it, call Rodney David and ask him to vote
for it. If you disagree with it, call Rodney Davis and ask him to vote
against it. If you choose not to read the bill or choose not to make
your own decision but rely on another person's interpretation or
summary of the text, that is also your prerogative as a citizen. In
that sense I reiterate that one's opinion and understanding of HJ Res
30 remains  "a question for each person to decide for herself or
himself," and it has nothing to do with vanilla or chocolate.

For the future,
Debra