[Peace-discuss] [sf-core] a deal has been reached - Syriza

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Sat Feb 21 10:28:59 EST 2015

Varoufakis (who calls himself 'a good second-rate economist') has explained in some detail what he sees himself as doing:

<http://www.theguardian.com/news/2015/feb/18/yanis-varoufakis-how-i-became-an-erratic-marxist>.

'...Forging alliances with reactionary forces, as I think we should do to stabilise Europe today, brings us up against the risk of becoming co-opted, of shedding our radicalism through the warm glow of having “arrived” in the corridors of power ... The trick is to avoid the revolutionary maximalism that, in the end, helps the neoliberals bypass all opposition to their self-defeating policies and to retain in our sights capitalism’s inherent failures while trying to save it, for strategic purposes, from itself.'

--CGE