[Peace-discuss] links: Poitras' Citizenfour wins Oscar for best documentary

Roger Helbig rwhelbig at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 17:06:48 EST 2015

I wonder how many winning documentaries open with a lie - Snowden
claiming to be high level NSA official, something that he never was,
never examine the lie to see what else is a lie, or include outright
lie by one of the film maker participants - the conference in Brazil
speech - this selection is a travesty - you do not award an Oscar to
what is in effect a PR flack - Snowden played the media, still is - he
is a thief who makes grandilose claims, many of which are not true in
the least - the only thing true is the damage that he has done to our
security by making groups like ISIS aware - I am sure that none of you
agree, but if you actually watch this with a critical eye instead of
fauning all over your hero, you will realize that he never was what he
claims that he is and he personally never could do things like listen
to your phone calls like he has claimed to be able to do.  I wonder if
a campaign can undo an Oscar and result in a public revocation.

Roger

PS - who paid for the room in the hotel in Hong Kong - was the phone
call sequence faked - the only thing real is the stolen documents and
we don't see very many of those -