[Peace-discuss] Why the Democrats are hopeless

C. G. Estabrook via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Fri Jan 2 14:16:12 EST 2015

A brilliant psychological/political dissection of the wretched Democrat party:

http://www.counterpunch.org/2015/01/02/the-age-of-surrealpolitik/

"The Democrats’ death embrace with neoliberalism has gone almost unchallenged since the rise of Jimmy Carter in the 1970s, the grip tightening with each successive election...

"...I think this election [2014] was about more than the dismal economic circumstances. I believe the election was a mass expression of contempt: for Obama, for the Democrats, for the whole rancid system that promises hope and delivers only deprivation and more war. Sooner or later the bill for these betrayals comes due. A price must be paid.

"The contradictions of the Democratic Party have reached the cracking point. Who would defend a party that refuses to defend its own most vulnerable adherents? Who would join a party that sedulously squelches each new spark of idealistic fervor, from Occupy Wall Street to the Dream Defenders, to the $15 an Hour movement, while maniacally pursuing job-killing trade pacts like the TPP? It should be torn asunder, before it collapses from its own internal state of decay..."

--CGE