[Peace-discuss] Mock-up for flyer for AWARE demo 3 Jan., recto & verso

E. W. Johnson via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Sat Jan 3 19:39:31 EST 2015

I have nothing pertinent of any value to offer, but this situation having
reached a sort of boiling point, I note an event of only 212 years ago.

I have tried perhaps in vain to convince my daughters that a
mammoth is a very large flying insect of the order Lepidoptera.

They are not convinced and likewise doubt the classification of
giants as the largest sort of wingless Hymenopterans.  I insist
that a mammoth is a -moth nevertheless.  After all, they aren't
butterfiles, therefore must be moths.  Sort of like all those
not naughty are obliged to be nice in the binary sense.

That aforementioned momentous event was the first use of the word
'mammoth' as an
adjective.  Sometime on or about 1 Jan 1802, Thomas Jefferson used the
m-word
to describe a very large cheese weighing 1234 pounds.