[Peace-discuss] 35 House Democrats that joined Republicans in trying to gut Dodd-Frank - FIVE from ILLINOIS

David Johnson via Peace-discuss peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net
Sat Jan 10 08:41:31 EST 2015

Signatures

81468 of 100000

Petitioning

35 Congressional Democrats

Created By

Daily Kos

Sign the petition denouncing the 35 House Democrats that joined Republicans
in trying to gut Dodd-Frank.

On their second day in session, the House
<http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/01/07/1356223/-Which-35-House-Democrats-
Just-Joined-the-GOP-to-Try-to-Gut-Dodd-Frank> voted on a bill designed to
weaken the most important protections of Dodd-Frank.

Fortunately, the bill didn't meet the necessary two-thirds vote threshold
but 35 Democrats voted with Republicans and almost allowed the bill to pass.

Dodd-Frank was passed in an attempt to prevent another 2008 financial crisis
by lowering risk in various parts of the U.S. financial system. Since it's
passage, Republicans and Democrats in league with Wall St. have done their
best to eliminate its most important protections-and leave the U.S.
vulnerable to another economic crisis.

Votes like this are calculated moves on the part of corporate Democrats to
please donors and distance themselves from the Democratic Party. This isn't
the first offense for many of these bad actors and we'll likely see more
votes like this over the next two years.

Every time a Democrat abandons the Party to shill for corporations at the
expense of their constituents, we must let them know we are watching and
won't forget when it comes time for re-election.

P.S. Here are the 35 House Democrats:

ILLINOIS House Democrats

Cheri Bustos (IL-17),

Bill Foster (IL-11),

Dan Lipinski (IL-03)

Mike Quigley (IL-05),

Bobby Rush (IL-01),

Brad Ashford (NE-02), Ami Bera (CA-07), Don Beyer (VA-08), Sanford Bishop
(GA-02), Julia Brownley (CA-26), Cheri Bustos (IL-17), John Carney (DE-AL),
Gerry Connolly (VA-11), Henry Cuellar (TX-28), John Delaney (MD-06), Suzan
DelBene (WA-01), Elizabeth Esty (CT-05), Bill Foster (IL-11), John Garamendi
(CA-03), Gwen Graham (FL-02), Jim Himes (CT-04), Hank Johnson (GA-04), Derek
Kilmer (WA-06), Ron Kind (WI-03), Rick Larsen (WA-02), Dan Lipinski (IL-03),
David Loebsack (IA-02), Sean Maloney (NY-18), Patrick Murphy (FL-18), Scott
Peters (CA-52), Collin Peterson (MN-07), Jared Polis (CO-02), Mike Quigley
(IL-05), Raul Ruiz (CA-36), Bobby Rush (IL-01), Kurt Schrader (OR-05), David
Scott (GA-13), Terri Sewell (AL-07), Kyrsten Sinema (AZ-09), Albio Sires
(NJ-08).

Petition Text

Our Message to 35 Congressional Democrats

Working class Americans across the country are hurting. I am disgusted that
at a time when we need more and better jobs for working people, you'd vote
to deregulate Wall Street. The so-called "Promoting Job Creation and
Reducing Small Business Burdens Act" is Wall Street handout and you should
be ashamed of voting for it.