[Peace-discuss] Democracy for America: Support the Chicago 7

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Thu Jan 29 10:04:53 EST 2015

This is cute.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Charles Chamberlain, Democracy for America <
info at democracyforamerica.com>
Date: Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 8:14 AM
Subject: Rahm Emanuel’s war against progressives
To: Robert Naiman <naiman at justforeignpolicy.org>

 Robert --

*What an amazing response!*

Since we announced our endorsement of the Chicago Seven -- seven
progressive Aldermen who are key to fighting Mayor Rahm Emanuel's corporate
agenda for Chicago -- DFA members have been stepping up big time to fund
our campaign to re-elect these champions.

*Let's be clear: we need every boot on the ground we can get.* As DFA Chair
Jim Dean explains in the email below, Rahm Emanuel has vowed to defeat his
progressive opposition. He has raised $30 million just for his own
re-election campaign. *Rahm's Super PAC, funded by his wealthy allies, has
over $10 million and is spending it to spread smears and attacks on these
progressive Aldermen.* If he succeeds, it'll be open season on progressives
in other cities and states.

*Election Day in Chicago is less than a month away. DFA is going all out to
re-elect these seven progressive champions and stop Rahm Emanuel. Will you
join DFA members from across America and chip in $3 or more to defend the
Chicago Seven?
<https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/chicagoseven/?refcode=CC7012915CC>*

Thank you for helping stop Rahm Emanuel.

- Charles

Charles Chamberlain, Executive Director
Democracy for America