[Peace-discuss] Issue Groups

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 6 17:16:04 EDT 2015

My apologies for not being clear and perhaps creating a misunderstanding.

I wish to see no reduction in either the Green Party or AWARE, but do see a need for an issue group on foreign policy for all elected representatives.
I would rather that issue group be made up of members of AWARE than others who are less apt to support our views. I also think that disseminating information on public television, and at the market, demos, etc. are good, but they still rely upon the people coming to us, rather than us going to them, and we never reach those in power. Yes, the people have the power, but we don't see many of them utilizing it with mass movements in the streets as they should, so the next step might be personally delivering information to our representatives, especially those issues coming up for a vote. That is exactly what the corporate interests hires lobbyists to do.

My suggestion was to those of us who don't have fulltime jobs, to add this onto what we do with the Greens and AWARE, given we do the research and possess the information, its just a matter of coordinating with those elected representatives we believe might be influenced, and knowing when a vote might be taking place.