[Peace-discuss] Next Piketty reading group - Wednesday 10 June, 6pm

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Thu Jun 4 14:16:16 EDT 2015

Last night’s meeting of the AWARE group reading “Capital in the Twenty-First Century” overreached itself, I’m afraid, in trying to consider both chapters 5 and 6.

But, as the poet says, our reach should exceed our grasp, or what’s a metaphor?

So next week we’ll try to grasp chapter 6, "The Capital-Labor Split in the Twenty-First Century.”

Members & friends of AWARE are invited to join the group at 6pm on Wednesday 10 June at 5 Litchfield Lane in Champaign.

On-line access to the book: <http://resistir.info/livros/piketty_capital_in_the_21_century_2014.pdf>.

—CGE

PS - The article on taxing "investible assets” - wealth - mentioned last night can be found at <http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/2010/wolff290710.html <http://mrzine.monthlyreview.org/2010/wolff290710.html>>.