[Peace-discuss] News from Neptune for 29 May 2015

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Fri Jun 5 20:44:53 EDT 2015

NEWS FROM NEPTUNE on Urbana Public Television for the 22nd week of 2015 is available on YouTube at <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqsYEvt7jwg <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqsYEvt7jwg>>.

For 25 years, this hour has been devoted to "a spontaneous & unrehearsed discussion of the news of the week and its coverage by the media" - first on a so-called "community radio station" - and, when censored & locked out of there - welcomed, I'm happy to say, by the good people at Urbana Public Television.

I’m Carl Estabrook. My discussants for this hour are David Green and Ron Szoke. Our program is produced and directed by Jason Liggett and Dan Panno.

Our program's name, News from Neptune, was chosen to honor Noam Chomsky, who has been talking sense about American politics for twice the quarter-century we've been on the air.  Chomsky has said that in the American media, “either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it’s from Neptune.”

This and previous editions of this program are archived on YouTube and posted to the Facebook page for News from Neptune, where you’ll also find comments from viewers, articles we’ve referred to, and further comments from us.  I also can be reached at <carl at newsfromneptune.com>; I’m happy to receive your comments.

###