[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Vigils to honor Charleston

Rachel Storm rachelstrm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 22:09:59 EDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Alan Cook" <rabbialan at sinaitemplecu.org>
Date: Jun 18, 2015 8:45 PM
Subject: Vigils to honor Charleston
To: "Interfaith Alliance" <rabbialan at sinaitemplecu.org>

Dear friends,

I wanted to share with you news about two vigils scheduled to be held
tomorrow (Friday) as we remember the victims of Emanuel AME Church in
Charleston and as we pray for healing for Charleston and for our nation:

Rev. Larry Lewis of Bethel AME is inviting the community to a vigil at his
congregation (401 E. Park St., C — near the intersection of University and
Fourth) at noon.

The Religious Workers’ Association is holding a vigil tomorrow at Latzer
Hall at the University YMCA (1001 S. Wright St.), also at noon.  The vigil
is scheduled to last 1/2 hour, after which the hall will be open for silent
meditation and reflection until 1 PM.

It is my understanding that the public is invited to both events, so you
may feel free to share this announcement with others.

With heartfelt prayers that God will help us to bring healing to a broken
world,

Rabbi Alan Cook

Rabbi Alan Cook
Sinai Temple
3104 Windsor Road
Champaign, IL 61822
217-352-8140
http://ravcookie.blogspot.com
Need to schedule an appointment?  Find me at http://meetme.so/RabbiAlan

The 36Rabbis effort to help fund childhood cancer research has now raised
more than $1 million dollars!  Find out more or donate at
https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/660739/2014
לֹא עַלֵיךָ הַמְּלָאכָה לִגְמֹר
וְלֹא אַתָּה בֶּן-חוֹרִין לְהִבַּטֵל מִמֶּנָה
*You are not required to complete the task, but neither are you free to
abstain from it. (Pirke Avot 2:15)*