[Peace-discuss] FW: [core] Hot Headlines March 3 - Chicago Schools & Politics--from Arlene Gloria Hirsch

David Johnson davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 3 20:43:01 EST 2015

Really Wayne ?

And why is that ?

David J.

From: E. Wayne Johnson [mailto:ewj at pigsqq.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2015 5:29 PM
To: David Johnson; Peace Discuss
Subject: RE: [Peace-discuss] FW: [core] Hot Headlines March 3 - Chicago Schools & Politics--from Arlene Gloria Hirsch

I really dislike Rahm Emanuel from his congressional days . However I find that I like him better after reading this article which was supposed to be a hit piece against him.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone

---- David Johnson via Peace-discuss wrote ----

 <https://twitter.com/arlenegloria> Arlene's Hot Headlines - Chicago Schools & Politics, March 3

https://twitter.com/arlenegloria

>From this string:

 <https://twitter.com/arlenegloria/status/572742568930254848> Joravsky: Too bad Emanuel’s not running for most unlikeable man in Chicago.

https://twitter.com/arlenegloria/status/572742568930254848

Excerpt...

Emanuel’s reputation for nasty arrogance dates back to his days as White House aide to Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, as well as a congressman.

C’mon, you know the list. The dead fish he sent to a former colleague. The time he called a group of liberal activists “f—ing retarded.” Or the time he harangued a naked congressman in the congressional gym for not supporting Obama’s healthcare policies. While he himself was naked.

Say this for Rahm — he’s not afraid to let it all hang out.

I’d go so far as to say that many Chicagoans originally voted for him precisely because they thought it would be a good idea to have a mean, tough pol in office to get the city through some tough economic times.

Well, as we’ve since discovered, it’s one thing for Emanuel to be a jerk to some naked congressman in the congressional gym. It’s another thing when he’s a jerk to us.

Like when he closed 50 schools in the face of angry protests, and was off on vacation skiing in Utah when the closings were announced. Or when he closed six neighborhood mental health clinics in poor black and Latino neighborhoods, then ran out the back door rather than meet with patients who were pleading with him to keep the clinics open.

Or when he rewrote the city’s ward map so that one of his chief aldermanic critics found his home redistricted out of his ward.

Dang, old man Daley couldn’t have done it better himself.