[Peace-discuss] US to Provide $70 Million Additional Funding to Syrian Rebels

E. W. Johnson ewj at pigsqq.org
Tue Mar 17 11:52:04 EDT 2015

On 03/17/2015 09:40 PM, David Green wrote:
> The only way .... for the rest of us .... is to change society... at a
> fundamental and structural level...

I think this is what Ibn Khaldur says happens, and must happen.  The
social contract breaks down as the 1%ers get more
and more control and finally the system collapses.  Of course this is
feared but is actually the only way out.

The blue screen of death means that your pissy windoze system has
finally gotten so corrupt that it can't function.
You might be able to patch your way back in somehow, but generally a new
operating system restoration i snecessated.

Boyd writes:

         According to Gödel we cannot— in general—determine the
    consistency, hence the character or nature, of an abstract system
    within itself. According to Heisenberg and the Second Law of
    Thermodynamics any attempt to do so in the real world will expose
    uncertainty and generate disorder. Taken together, these three
    notions support the idea that any inward-oriented and continued
    effort to improve the match-up of concept with observed reality will
    only increase the degree of mismatch. Naturally, in this
    environment, uncertainty and disorder will increase as previously
    indicated by the Heisenberg Indeterminacy Principle and the Second
    Law of Thermodynamics, respectively. Put another way, we can expect
    unexplained and disturbing ambiguities, uncertainties, anomalies, or
    apparent inconsistencies to emerge more and more often. Furthermore,
    unless some kind of relief is available, we can expect confusion to
    increase until disorder approaches chaos— death

Chuy al-Ka-Seltzer really ain't all that much different from the present
bunch.  Even if the people are able
to evict Rahm-bo, the system will continue on without him.  The same
limits of allowable debate will be imposed
and pretty soon ya get back to square #1.

    Fortunately, there is a way out. Remember, as previously shown, we
    can forge a new concept by applying the destructive deduction and
    creative induction mental operations. Also, remember, in order to
    perform these dialectic mental operations we must first shatter the
    rigid conceptual pattern, or patterns, firmly established in our
    mind. (This should not be too difficult since the rising confusion
    and disorder is already helping us to undermine any patterns). Next,
    we must find some common qualities, attributes, or operations to
    link isolated facts, perceptions, ideas, impressions, interactions,
    observations, etc. together as possible concepts to represent the
    real world. Finally, we must repeat this unstructuring and
    restructuring until we develop a concept that begins to match-up
    with reality. By doing this—in accordance with Gödel, Heisenberg and
    the Second Law of Thermodynamics—we find that the uncertainty and
    disorder generated by an inward-oriented system talking to itself
    can be offset by going outside and creating a new system. Simply
    stated, uncertainty and related disorder can be diminished by the
    direct artifice of creating a higher and broader more general
    concept to represent reality.

    However, once again, when we begin to turn inward and use the new
    concept—within its own pattern of ideas and interactions—to produce
    a finer grain match with observed reality we note that the new
    concept and its match-up with observed reality begins to
    self-destruct just as before. Accordingly, the dialectic cycle of
    destruction and creation begins to repeat itself once again. In
    other words, as suggested by Gödel's Proof of Incompleteness, we
    imply that the process of Structure, Unstructure, Restructure,
    Unstructure, Restructure is repeated endlessly in moving to higher
    and broader levels of elaboration. In this unfolding drama, the
    alternating cycle of entropy increase toward more and more disorder
    and the entropy decrease toward more and more order appears to be
    one part of a control mechanism that literally seems to drive and
    regulate this alternating cycle of destruction and creation toward
    higher and broader levels of elaboration. Now, in relating this
    deductive/inductive activity to the basic goal discussed in the
    beginning, I believe we have uncovered a Dialectic Engine that
    permits the construction of decision models needed by individuals
    and societies for determining and monitoring actions in an effort to
    improve their capacity for independent action.

    Furthermore, since this engine is directed toward satisfying this
    basic aim or goal, it follows that the goal seeking effort itself
    appears to be the other side of a control mechanism that seemsalso
    to drive and regulate the alternating cycle of destruction and
    creation toward higher and broader levels of elaboration. In this
    context, when acting within a rigid or essentially a closed system,
    the goal seeking effort of individuals and societies to improve
    their capacity for independent action tends to produce disorder
    towards randomness and death. On the other hand, as already shown,
    the increasing disorder generated by the increasing mismatch of the
    system concept with observed reality opens or unstructures the
    system. As the unstructuring or, as we'll call it, the destructive
    deduction unfolds it shifts toward a creative induction to stop the
    trend toward disorder and chaos to satisfy a goal-oriented need for
    increased order.

    Paradoxically, then, an entropy increase permits both the
    destruction or unstructuring of a closed system and the creation of
    a new system to nullify the march toward randomness and death. Taken
    together, the entropy notion associated with the Second Law of
    Thermodynamics and the basic goal of individuals and societies seem
    to work in dialectic harmony driving and regulating the
    destructive/creative, or deductive/inductive, action—that we have
    described herein as a dialectic engine. The result is a changing and
    expanding universe of mental concepts matched to a changing and
    expanding universe of observed reality. As indicated earlier, these
    mental concepts are employed as decision models by individuals and
    societies for determining and monitoring actions needed to cope with
    their environment—or to improve their capacity for independent action.
    (Destruction & Creation, John Boyd)

Ibn Khaldun seems to be saying about the same thing... that a genuinely
new world order can be formed on the ashes and rubble of the old one, as
individuals recognize that their might be the need for a social
contract, and everybody gets a 2nd chance, except for those guys.

Norman Greenbaum, the "Spirit in the Sky" guy, imagined that Chicago
would be destroyed by a giant marauding aubergine descending
from outer space.   Probably more realistic if he'd thought of a pickle,
probably a good kosher dill.