[Peace-discuss] FW: National Impact in Chicago Showdown

David Johnson davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 22 08:25:50 EDT 2015

 <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=b0hvH9qTdPM7T89u5EDOhESs2uI6HiWW>

 <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=b7ApCXlp6ibDGP1BUz64lYeTjhHuBO3Z>

Share via email or on Facebook/Twitter <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=z5h9Jb0Nf73nOsEyouaM6kSs2uI6HiWW>

 <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=09Pr%2B0gCjUDpIzMrVKKNSESs2uI6HiWW> Tell a Friend

The Nation's Eyes Are On Chicago As A Progressive Faces Off Against A Corporate 1% Anti-Progressive. Help Us Win One for the 99% Now!

 <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=GvfXF8HgmjoTvS1uDShwt0Ss2uI6HiWW> Support our work to elect progressives!

 <mailto:mikefox at pdamerica.org?subject=Chuy%20Phone%20Team&body=My%20Name%3A%0AMy%20Phone%20Number%3A> Make quick easy calls from your home!

 <mailto:conor at pdamerica.org?subject=Chicago%20Victory%20Team&body=My%20Name%3A%0AMy%20Phone%20Number%3A> Travel to Chicago to elect progressives!

Chicago is ground zero in the latest struggle for the people against the elite. "Mayor 1%" Rahm Emanuel is in the fight of his political life, locked in a dead heat contest against Jesus "Chuy" Garcia--a strong progressive candidate with wide and growing support.

The Polls are showing "Chuy" rising into a statistical tie, with top endorsements rolling in. Still, we know "The Empire" will fight back, and we will need a lot of people power to overcome Emanuel's deep-pocket corporate backers. We can win this showdown, but we need your help now! You can pitch in three different ways.

1.  <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=OsHKb8675wuRKK6UNqXqmkSs2uI6HiWW> Contribute to support PDA's work to help elect progressives. Your generous donation now will help us bring people to organize in Chicago, support our phone banking team, and more!  <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=lGjSze8oX5NjwuD%2Fo%2Fyuk0Ss2uI6HiWW> Click here to contribute online by card or check.

2. Sign up to make calls to mobilize supporters and help get out the vote.  <mailto:mikefox at pdamerica.org?subject=Chuy%20Phone%20Team&body=My%20Name%3A%0AMy%20Phone%20Number%3A> Send an email to Mike "Phone Guy" Fox. He'll tell you all you need to know to make quick, easy calls from your own home.  <mailto:mikefox at pdamerica.org?subject=Chuy%20Phone%20Team&body=My%20name%3A%0AMy%20phone%20number%3A%20> Contact mikefox at pdamerica.org now!

3.  <mailto:conor at pdamerica.org?subject=Chicago%20Victory%20Team&body=My%20Name%3A%0AMy%20Phone%20Number%3A> Spend Time in Chicago to help elect "Chuy" and other progressives.  <mailto:conor at pdamerica.org?subject=Chicago%20Victory%20Team&body=My%20Name%3A%0AMy%20Phone%20Number%3A%20> Contact conor at pdamerica.org

Rahm Emanuel has been an enemy of progress for at least a decade. As chair of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC), Emanuel recruited and ran corporate Democrats--rather than popular progressives--and lost several winnable House elections. He courted progressive and peace voters to help the Democrats retake the House In 2006. However, he quickly ignored our concerns and began pushing for neo-liberal policies that failed to deliver needed progress.

As DCCC Chair and as a top Obama advisor, Rahm Emanuel dismissed progressives and ignored our warnings and advice. He called us "the professional left," and persuaded the White House to back pro-corporate policies and committed other political missteps. His capitulations, miscalculations, and failures demoralized our base, and his elitism opened the door to the Tea Party. This enabled massive right wing midterm victories, and squandered precious opportunities. And he's doing the same and worse to Chicago!

That's why Progressive Democrats of America and our allies are working to retire Rahm. Will you help us win this electoral battle between corporate Democrats and the Sanders/Warren wing of the Democratic Party?

1.  <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ImYkAaB2iwgRt8HSxd6un0Ss2uI6HiWW> Please contribute now to support PDA's work to help elect progressives.

2. Sign up to  <mailto:mikefox at pdamerica.org?subject=Chuy%20Phone%20Team&body=My%20Name%3A%0AMy%20Phone%20Number%3A> make quick and easy calls from your own home!

3.  <mailto:conor at pdamerica.org?subject=Chicago%20Victory%20Team&body=My%20Name%3A%0AMy%20Phone%20Number%3A> Travel to Chicago to help elect Chuy and other progressives!

After misadvising President Obama in the White House, Emanuel brought his arrogance to my town, Chicago. He attacked public education, fighting against the teachers' union and closing 50 public schools--almost all of them in Black neighborhoods. A close friend of the wealthy elite, he felt his fat cat war chest would let him buy his reelection, but a funny thing happened on the way to his coronation.

"Chuy" Garcia--backed by a diverse coalition, led by the Nurses and Teachers--rode a wave of determined activism to force Rahm into a run off. The pundits were shocked, but they shouldn't have been. "Chuy" has deep Chicago roots, and has been a longstanding leader in Chicago and Illinois. In the early 1980s, he was an ally of progressive Mayor Harold Washington, serving as water commissioner and alderman. He was later elected to the State Senate. "Chuy" put Emanuel's record before the voters, and most found it wanting, saying, "Enough Emanuel!"

Progressives are on the rise, and with your help we can win this Chicago showdown between the 1% and the 99%. Bill De Blasio was elected Mayor of New York City in 2013 on the strength of his "Tale of Two Cities" message. Now, "Chuy" is bringing that winning message to Chicago. But some Black Aldermen--like Howard Brookins--got PAC money from Emanuel and are supporting the corporatists. We have to help get "Chuy's" message to the voters, and his voters to the polls.  This is a tight but winnable election. We need your help now!

1.  <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=QE%2FeiXth%2FMAh2lm6AKdeikSs2uI6HiWW> Please contribute now by check or card to support PDA's work to help elect progressives.

2. Sign up to  <mailto:mikefox at pdamerica.org?subject=Chuy%20Phone%20Team&body=My%20Name%3A%0AMy%20Phone%20Number%3A> make important get out the vote (GOTV) calls from your own home!

3.  <mailto:conor at pdamerica.org?subject=Chicago%20Victory%20Team&body=My%20Name%3A%0AMy%20Phone%20Number%3A> Travel to Chicago to join our Victory Team on the ground to help elect Chuy and other progressives!

In solidarity,

Conor Boylan
PDA Executive Director

P.S. Please do all you can to help us win this struggle. Today Chicago, tomorrow nationwide!

Paid for by Progressive Democrats of America (http://www.pdamerica.org <http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2BcpE5qu%2ByCId3rfv0KD470Ss2uI6HiWW> )
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee