[Peace-discuss] CODEPINK: ACTION ALERT: Let's Crash Ahava's Twitter party (today!)

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Thu Mar 26 10:29:20 EDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: CODEPINK <info at codepink.org>
Date: Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 8:01 AM
Subject: ACTION ALERT: Let's Crash Ahava's Twitter party
To: naiman.uiuc at gmail.com

<http://codepink.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Zi%2FbluiXWwPqlCq0tWuI2xEAgzmxuC89>

*March 26, 2015*

Dear Robert,

Today, Thursday, M arch 26 from 1-2 p.m. EST, Ahava US and several of its
beauty partners are hosting an #AhavaSkincare “Twitter Party.” *We’re going
to **crash the party
<http://codepink.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7hHQZv84jiNx6KMPqjbAexEAgzmxuC89>*
<http://codepink.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=OOv75Xt4dGGJH78mEsKpPREAgzmxuC89>
* with the truth about Ahava and its occupation profiteering. *

Ahava Dead Sea Laboratories is an Israeli cosmetics company that has been
the target of an international boycott campaign since 2009 because of its
illegal practices. *The company’s primary manufacturing facility and
visitors center are located in an illegal Israeli settlement in the
occupied West Bank. *It pillages mud from occupied shores for use in its
products. You can read more about Ahava and the ongoing boycott campaign *here
<http://codepink.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=kzLsVjx6U1eJaskvEAfvEREAgzmxuC89>*
<http://codepink.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=UiVI14fiZcsvt7pNskQ5chEAgzmxuC89>
*.*

* HOW TO CRASH THE PARTY*

There’s still time to sign up your Twitter account for our *Occupation
isn’t Pretty Thunderclap
<http://codepink.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=4OGMMl29sRqIiccaGIaWeREAgzmxuC89>*
<http://codepink.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=n2LHzca7rY1vtEHgLOrUbREAgzmxuC89>
 which will* automatically post our message via your feed *at 1:30 p.m. EST
during their Twitter party.

Our online action team will also be crashing the party between 1-2 p.m. EST
using the hashtags #AhavaSkincare (that’s their hashtag) and #BDS (that’s
ours, and it stands for Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions for Palestinian
rights).

*Here are some sample Tweets you can cut and paste:*

Hey @BeautyStat Ahava products are made with stolen resources on occupied
land http://ow.ly/KEHZ1 #AhavaSkincare #BDS *(click to tweet!)*
<http://codepink.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ga4WNvKFZXPxLcAtVCmquREAgzmxuC89>

Ahava gentle exfoliator may be easy on the skin, but it's rough on the
conscience http://ow.ly/KEIdF #BDS #AhavaSkincare *(click to tweet!)*
<http://codepink.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=brN%2FaYaZOuS4cSJ41A9BfhEAgzmxuC89>

Ahava cosmetics are made by Israeli profiteers in Occupied Palestine.
That's ugly. http://ow.ly/KEIdF #BDS #AhavaSkincare *(click to tweet!)*
<http://codepink.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Iz5AtAW%2BcSMmwBcXgmE22bKMjyTZtmoV>

Ahava pillages mud from occupied shores. That's ugly and illegal
http://ow.ly/KEIdF #BDS #AhavaSkincare *(click to tweet!)*
<http://codepink.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ThTRKnlv2v4ShHLqNwjhRBEAgzmxuC89>

Unlock @Ahava_US beauty secrets. Ugly truth here: http://ow.ly/KEHZ1
#AhavaSkincare #BDS *(click here to tweet!) *
<http://codepink.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Z8ALcobDJmM9%2B7H049opKREAgzmxuC89>
<http://codepink.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=s51Z9FvVQeA5E%2Bq6Gfz8RREAgzmxuC89>

<http://codepink.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=35LXHD8hsj8PnWsd0bT7ZLKMjyTZtmoV>

VIDEO: Virtual field visit by @alhaq_org to occupation profiteer Ahava
https://vimeo.com/110238952 #BDS #AhavaSkincare *(click to tweet!)*
<http://codepink.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=fK%2BpwQgV105d4n946qLu7xEAgzmxuC89>

* FEEL FREE TO COMPOSE YOUR OWN, but remember to include #AhavaSkincare and
#BDS. Also try to space your tweets out at least 5 minutes apart so they
have a bigger impact. **GAME ON *at 1 pm EST!

We hope you’ll help us crash Ahava’s Twitter party today between 1-2 p.m.
EST! And thanks for being part of the team working to take the profit out
of occupation.

Nancy K and the Stolen Beauty Team