[Peace-discuss] Rodney Davis: Do you believe Congress should need to approve any nuclear deal reached with Iran?

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Sun May 3 08:43:24 EDT 2015

I checked no, and then put in the comment field:

This is not really at issue. Congress can vote to disapprove the deal
anytime it wants. The issue is by what criteria should the deal be judged.
Some Republicans want to move the goalposts and say it's a bad deal because
it doesn't deal with issues besides Iran's nuclear program, issues which
are outside the scope of the negotiations which were initiated under the
Bush Administration. I hope that Rep. Davis will not join these
Republicans. I wrote about this here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-naiman/what-did-democrats-win-in-cardin-compromise_b_7073264.html