[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Senate Bill 1761

Niloofar Shambayati niloofar.peace at gmail.com
Tue May 19 18:27:54 EDT 2015

This is what happens when nobody stands up to Israel's bullying and doesn't
call out our spineless politicians. I pleaded with people in vain to help
me mobilize against this bill and go to Springfield-defeat without putting
up a good fight is shameful to say the least.

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 2:35 PM, C. G. Estabrook via Peace <
peace at lists.chambana.net> wrote:

> Representative Carol Ammons (D)
> 103rd District
>
> Carol, how could you? Surely you understood what this meant.
>
> —C. G. Estabrook
>

> > Begin forwarded message:
> >
> > Subject: [Peace-discuss] Fw: [Champaign-Urbana Jewish Voice for Peace]
> Sad day, lots of work ahead. Senate Bill 1761 has...
> > Date: May 18, 2015 at 7:25:34 PM CDT
> >
> > Both of our state representatives cast a "not voting" vote--
> >
> > On Monday, May 18, 2015 6:08 PM, Samantha Brotman <
> notification+nmyakka at facebookmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Sad day, lots of work ahead. Senate Bill 1761 has passed in both houses.
> SB 1761 "Amends the Illinois Procurement Code. Prohibits a State agency
> from entering into a contract subject to the Code with a business that
> boycotts Israel. Amends the General Provisions Article of the Illinois
> Pension Code. Requires each of the 5 State-funded retirement systems (or
> the Illinois State Board of Investment where applicable) to make its best
> efforts to identify all companies that boycott Israel in which it has
> direct or indirect holdings and, under certain circumstances, to divest
> itself of holdings in those companies."
> >       Illinois General Assembly - Bill Status for SB1761
> > www.ilga.gov
> >
> > […]

Niloofar