[Peace-discuss] TPP simulation game on Tuesday, 6:30pm; AWARE at Farmer's Market tomorrow

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Fri May 22 14:35:00 EDT 2015

AWARE will be back at the Farmer's Market tomorrow, Saturday,
8am-noon.   The weather should be fine.  Come by and talk with us about
war and peace!

We'll have petitions from Food and Water Watch opposing the
Trans-Pacific Partnership, which has already passed in the US Senate -
shame! - but may face more trouble in the House.   Let's hope it does.

And, on *Tuesday evening, May 26th at 6:30pm* at the Unitarian Church in
Urbana (309 W Green St), ...

Trade Simulation Game

With Info on Free Trade Trouble from Food and Water Watch

Find out how free trade affects fair wages, local food, and exporting
natural gas (fracking).

Where: Unitarian Universalist Church of UC

309 W Green St, Urbana IL

When: Tuesday, May 26th, 6:30 – 9 pm

*Food and Water Watch Presentation - Lois Kain *

    Fast track and the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and the
    Trans-Atlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) are very
    pressing and immediate issues for Food and Water Watch. We are
    trying to get the word out to our local communities about just how
    devastating previous “fair trade “ agreements have been by giving so
    much power to corporations to rule over every aspect of our lives,
    from jobs to our health to our environment. TPP has been called
    "NAFTA on steroids." These trade agreements are a race to the bottom
    and we have to let our lawmakers know that Americans do not want a
    corporate takeover of our country. Find out how fair trade affects
    local food, bottled water, and exporting natural gas (from fracking).

    15 minutes for the presentation.

*Trade Simulation Game - Gina Chamberlain *

    Have you ever wondered how we apply our principles of justice and
    peace to the ways that trade agreements work? Does the topic seem
    too big, too far away and too complicated? The Trade Simulation Game
    is designed to bring these issues to life through stories from our
    global partners. Participants assume a character in four trade
    stories loosely based on real scenarios. The characters share their
    realities with others and work together to understand the role of
    trade agreements and the people impacted by these agreements.
    Discussion focuses on how we can respond on behalf of the poor and
    the environment. The game is an interactive, fun way to learn about
    this important issue.

    Two hours for the game.

Sponsored by: UUCUC GreenUUs & Social Action Committee
Co-Sponsor: Food and Water Watch

RSVP appreciated for food and game planning:
andrew.robinson.1980+UU at gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/events/1593204914286236/