[Peace-discuss] [sf-core] L'ordre regne (as was said in Paris in '68) in Illinois

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Thu Nov 12 15:22:22 EST 2015

Peter N. Kirstein remarks correctly at <http://academeblog.org/2015/11/12/report-university-of-illinois-contacts-aaup-to-end-censure/> (emphasis added) that

"It should be noted that any censure or removal of [AAUP] censure requires the approval of the Association’s membership that is in attendance at its annual meeting. I suspect that the settlement alone, which *included neither the restoration of Dr Salaita to his rightful position nor any statement of regret or apology*, would not satisfy the membership’s keen interest that the University of Illinois satisfy AAUP’s specific concerns as articulated in their report that led to the recommendation and approval of censure.”

Do we really believe that the neoliberal university wants to Do The Right Thing?

—CGE