[Peace-discuss] L'ordre regne (as was said in Paris in '68) in Illinois

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 09:14:27 EST 2015

Is it wrong to think that historically one of the reasons that the
University invested in the American Indian Studies program was to counter
the perception of the U of I as an anti-Indian institution because of the
Chief mascot?

Could we agitate for something from the University in terms of Palestine
studies as part of a community compensation package? A professorship? An
annual conference? A scholarship? Conference travel money for graduate
students? An annual Millercommy Palestine studies lecture for the broad
public? All of the above?

How much do these things cost? What would be a round overall figure for
endowing such a collection of things?

Robert Naiman
Policy Director
Just Foreign Policy