[Peace-discuss] [Peace] please call Rodney Davis, say you support Syrian refugees

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 15:57:18 EST 2015

I did too, this morning (Davis' local office).   The woman I spoke to
was likewise unsurprised, and said they'd been getting calls on both
sides.   She seemed to be more than politely taking down a constituent's
comments (which is what usually happens) - she really sounded
sympathetic to the arguments.

I raised: compassion as showing the best of American values; the story
of the good Samaritan (thank you, Gregg Gordon!); and, welcoming
refugees defuses the ISIS argument that America's goal is to lead a war
against Islam, while fearful rejection plays into their hands.