[Peace-discuss] AWARE at Lincoln Square Market, Sat. 11/21, 8am-1pm

Szoke, Ron r-szoke at illinois.edu
Thu Nov 19 20:26:36 EST 2015

Thanks, I can be there most of the morning, as needed.  Just tell me when is best.  ~~ Ron

[cid:61A5E489-F7C1-4DF9-93A3-947BA8FE88D5]

On Nov 19, 2015, at 6:22 PM, Stuart Levy via Peace-discuss <peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net<mailto:peace-discuss at lists.chambana.net>> wrote:

AWARE will be at the indoor market for some of the next few Saturdays,
including this Sat., Nov. 21st, 8am-1pm.

This is a crucial time.   With xenophobic fear being whipped up against
refugees of wars in the Middle East which our own country helped create,
and with white backlash against trouble-making Black people (there's no
racism here at the U of I, is there?), it is important now to be
bringing issues to the public and encouraging conversation about
them.    What shall we do for this Saturday's booth?