[Peace-discuss] Fwd: Lament with me in the wake of ISIS terror

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 10:20:30 EST 2015

Sojourners' comments ( the forwarded email below) are much appreciated
especially at times when the media and Congress seem to have lost all
common sense.

I was watching cspan last night. A senate committee was grilling a panel
about Syrian refugees and the secutity threat -- the committee was hell
bent on creating ways to stop all refugees from coming or creating a huge
system to vet and track any that do come. Sheesh.

one of the panelists, a woman who works with refugees, tried to tell the
senators that already people are contacting refugee centers across the
country demanding to know the adresses of Syrian refugees in their area.
Creepy. Creepy. Creepy. These people want a map, much like the map of
registered sex offenders.

Refugees have suffered more than their share of human suffering. The media,
congress, and some people have gone over the edge.