[Peace-discuss] 2PM Sunday Oct. 4th - Clifford-Jacobs Forging Co locked out workers

David Johnson davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 3 08:39:34 EDT 2015

Clifford-Jacobs Forging Co locked out workers from Boilermakers LU 1626 and
IBEW after the unions rejected a contract that included benefit cuts and
wage freeze for 4 years.

The unions are holding a vigil outside the gates 24 hours/day as long as the
lockout continues.

We must show solidarity with these workers.

We're holding a special gathering/photo event so we can make sure the media
and the internet know the community is with these workers.

Sun, Oct. 4
2pm
Clifford-Jacobs Co
2410 N. 5th St.
Champaign, IL  61822
Go N. on Market St. to Wallace (across from the Penny's in the Market Place
Mall).  Turn Rt. (East) and go to the end of the road.  Workers have tents
and a porta-potty set up.

<http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=bgiPJM1dgdegxkLIQ39UOSDPnQf
6N%2BWH> Map

We know this may be a long drive, but please consider doing a day trip as
these workers could be locked out for much longer than another day.  If they
are defeated in this challenge we're just one step closer to slave wages for
all.