[Peace-discuss] Salaita in Chicago

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 23:01:22 EDT 2015

I continue to learn about free speech through all my social justice
interests. It fascinates me every time because each time I want to be sure
I would also fight for the right of someone I disagree with. I still don't
know the answer.

I want to share a question stuart asked last night, "What about john yoo,
the very man who wrote the torture memos, and his law professor appointment
at uc-berkeley? Is my objecting to Yoo's professorship a desire to deny Yoo
of freedom of speech?" / salaita's answer was, "Yoo is a war criminal."