[Peace-discuss] Proposal

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 12:17:26 EDT 2016

As an anti-war activist:
* I am interested in stopping the atrocities that my country is
perpetuating.
* I am not interested in provoking animosity toward people of other
countries.
* We do often talk about U.S. support for Israel and Saudi Arabia --
seemingly the closest friends of the United States -- as we exchange money,
weapons, and military training; But the reason for this even coming into
the conversation is again the actions of OUR government, not that we are
anti-(other countries).
* Working to change the current actions of the United States government is
the sole responsibility of the citizens of the the United States: Classism,
"Christian" extremism, exceptionalism, environmental destruction, and the
mentality of "we are rich and powerful so we should tell those other
countries who is boss" are the message that our current decision-makers in
the United States are hearing.
The anti-war voice needs to focus on these issues.