[Peace-discuss] Double standards in campus surveys

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 16:19:05 UTC 2016

This comment was posted in response to Sundiata's column in today's News-Gazette: http://www.news-gazette.com/opinion/columns/2016-12-04/sundiata-cha-juareal-talk-racial-double-standards-remain-prevalent.html
http://www.news-gazette.com/opinion/letters-editor/2016-12-01/study-defense-israeli-policies.html I explained in this recent letter why charges of anti-Semitism should not be taken seriously. But yes, there is a double standard. If there were a single standard, and that standard were the credibility of such surveys, than the micro-aggressions survey would be taken seriously, and the anti-Semitism survey would be dismissed as propaganda, which it is. That said, I support increased sensitivity while opposing the administrative micro-management of student behavior. DG