[Peace-discuss] Naked Capitalism on the failure of the Doha Round of trade talks

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 14:44:28 EST 2016

An article posted in NakedCapitalism.com on the failure of the Doha
round of trade talks, and walking away from principles we'd agreed to -
we're taking our marbles and going elsewhere...

Yves Smith summarizes, " this post describes the US foot-dragging and
gamesmanship to protect US agricultural interests from competition from
developing economies."

http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2015/12/americas-double-standard-on-trade.html

   [...] " the United States has been, and remains, the principal reason
for that failure. Since 2008, when negotiations broke down, the U.S. has
refused to continue negotiating on the key issues central to the
development agenda – reducing agricultural subsidies, allowing
developing countries special protection measures for agriculture,
eliminating export subsidies and credits, and a host of other issues."