[Peace-discuss] [sf-core] Fwd: The News-Gazette: Letter to the Editor Submission

Brussel, Morton K brussel at illinois.edu
Sun Jul 17 17:59:31 UTC 2016

Very good. I made similar comments to a discussion on ZNet led by Michael Albert, who with other commenters, totally ignored the foreign policy elements in their ratiocinations. I’m unsure if they published my remarks. Albert, although saying he’s totally disgusted with Clinton, says that one must vote for her despite all, since Trump would be a greater disaster (domestically).

In fact, we don’t have good evidence of what Trump would do on the foreign front—Ukraine, israe-Palestine, Syria, China, militarism, etc.   we only know what to expect from Clinton.

—mkb

On Jul 17, 2016, at 12:39 PM, 'C. G. Estabrook' carl at newsfromneptune.com<mailto:carl at newsfromneptune.com> [sf-core] <sf-core-noreply at yahoogroups.com<mailto:sf-core-noreply at yahoogroups.com>> wrote:

This is a copy of your letter to the editor.
Submitted on Sunday, July 17, 2016 - 11:43am

President Obama was elected with the support of those who thought he would end the wars started by the Bush administration. Instead he attacked eight countries. (George Bush attacked six.) Obama’s drone attacks - which have killed thousands (not just the hundreds he admits to) - have been rightly called ‘the most extreme terrorist campaign of modern times.’

Hillary Clinton, responsible for horrors in Honduras, Libya, Syria and elsewhere, would only continue and intensify the warmongering of recent administrations, the blowback from which is now producing terrorist attacks in Europe and America.

Whatever you may think of Donald Trump as a presidential candidate, his comments on foreign policy have broken with this horrible record. He has for example proposed diplomacy (‘deals’) with Russian president Putin (whom Clinton has on the contrary called ‘the new Hitler’), instead of the insane provocations of Russia by the Obama administration.

I’ll be voting for Jill Stein, the Green party candidate for president, whose positions on these and other matters are substantially better than those of the major party candidates. And I won’t be dissuaded by the argument that a vote for a third party candidate is ‘helping Trump.’ He’s clearly better than Clinton on America’s murderous foreign policy.

###

__._,_.___
________________________________
Posted by: "C. G. Estabrook" <carl at newsfromneptune.com<mailto:carl at newsfromneptune.com>>
Reply via web post<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/sf-core/conversations/messages/6052;_ylc=X3oDMTJwcTR2cWIxBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzc4OTI2NjMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYwMzc1BG1zZ0lkAzYwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxNDY4Nzc3MTk5?act=reply&messageNum=6052>     •       Reply to sender <mailto:carl at newsfromneptune.com?subject=Re%3A%20Fwd%3A%20The%20News-Gazette%3A%20Letter%20to%20the%20Editor%20Submission>      •       Reply to group <mailto:sf-core at yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%20Fwd%3A%20The%20News-Gazette%3A%20Letter%20to%20the%20Editor%20Submission>        •       Start a New Topic<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/sf-core/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJlNDJsY2F0BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzc4OTI2NjMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYwMzc1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA250cGMEc3RpbWUDMTQ2ODc3NzE5OQ--> •       Messages in this topic<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/sf-core/conversations/topics/6015;_ylc=X3oDMTM0NGU3aGVvBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzc4OTI2NjMEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDYwMzc1BG1zZ0lkAzYwNTIEc2VjA2Z0cgRzbGsDdnRwYwRzdGltZQMxNDY4Nzc3MTk5BHRwY0lkAzYwMTU-> (2)
<https://yho.com/1wwmgg>
Save time and get your email on the go with the Yahoo Mail app
Get the beautifully designed, lighting fast, and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail today. Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

 <https://yho.com/1wwmgg> <https://yho.com/1wwmgg>

.