[Peace-discuss] Demagoguery from Duckworth

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Fri Jul 29 12:00:53 UTC 2016

[Politico.com <http://politico.com/>] "U.S. Senate hopeful Tammy Duckworth used her moment in the spotlight at the Democratic National Convention on Thursday to take it to Republican nominee Donald Trump. Speaking to the convention's delegates, she assailed Trump for his controversial comments asking Russia to find Hillary Clinton's deleted emails [sic]… Duckworth said, 'By the way, Donald Trump, I didn't put my life on the line to defend our democracy so you could invite Russia to interfere in it.' 'You are not fit to be Commander-in-Chief.’"

Duckworth, who if she is elected to replace Illinois senator Mark Kirk, will be a reliable vote for more Obama-Clinton war in the Mideast and elsewhere, asserts all of Hillary Clinton’s political program:

(1) the president’s primary description is commander-in-chief: the principal job is to make war; and
(2) Clinton’s primary qualification is “I am not Donald Trump!”

—CGE