[Peace-discuss] My take on Hillary and the TTP

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Fri Jul 29 15:56:10 UTC 2016

To say that Trump has "unequivocally" come out against anything seems to me
a deep abuse of the word "unequivocally." A defining feature of his
candidacy is his willingness to contradict himself, on issue after issue,
over and over, sometimes within the same sentence.

I think that one should choose between opposing the TPP and saying that if
we defeat it, it won't make any difference. If the latter is true, why
bother with the former?

Robert Naiman
Policy Director
Just Foreign Policy