[Peace-discuss] AWARE cosponsorship of July 9th Kathy Kelly event ... ?

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 03:43:49 UTC 2016

Hello AWARE people,

Is AWARE willing to sign on as a co-sponsor to this event, with *Kathy
Kelly speaking on July 9th at Channing-Murray*?   I think Ron Szoke may
have raised it at tonight's meeting - thank you, Ron! - and this should
give more detail about what's up.

The event is being organized by the Eco-Justice Collaborative
<http://ecojusticecollaborative.org/>, Pam and Lan Richart.   If we
agree to co-sponsor, they'll list AWARE as such on their flyer, and we'd
agree to help promote the event.

(I think this would be a great thing to do - hope the discussion was/is
positive! - Stuart)

Is anyone interested in discussing what else we can do around Kathy
Kelly's appearance, as they suggest below?

Also, would the Green Party be interested in co-sponsoring too?   The
family of issues she's raising would be a natural fit for the Greens.

Pam and Lan write:

    Kathy will be speaking about her work with the Afghan Youth Peace
    Volunteers and the #Enough! GEN multi-generational movement of
    ordinary people who say #Enough! to the interconnected global crises
    of global warming, socioeconomic inequalities and violence with its
    nuclear-risk wars, by nurturing a critical mass of GEN ( Green,
    Equal and Nonviolent ) relationships and alternatives.

    By saying #Enough! to the crises, the people of #Enough! GEN are
    affirming the value of love for the Earth and all of humanity, and
    liberating themselves from the grip of various abuses of money and
    power, including liberating themselves from fossil fuels and wars,
    income inequality and elitism, corporatization and militarism, class
    warfare and racism etc.

    As people from different regions respond freely, the Afghan Peace
    Volunteers will try to organize a Skype/Zoom conversation by region
    or continent, in order to listen, to encourage, to imagine, to
    relate through conversations focused on GEN alternatives.

    This may have wide local appeal and potentially bring together folks
    working on issues that should be connected. Lots of possibilities
    here. Would some AWARE folks be interested in getting together to
    discuss how we might build on Kathy’s appearance? We want to
    generate personal and financial support for Voices, but we might
    also want to think about what fruit this might bear after she visits.