[Peace-discuss] Donald Trump May Select an Architect of Bush's Torture Program to Run CIA

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Sat Nov 12 18:41:00 UTC 2016

As Mark Twain is supposed to have said, history doesn’t repeat itself - but it does rhyme…

In the decline of the American Empire, underway since its peak in 1945, our rulers have consciously substituted military repression for world-wide economic development, especially in regard to Eurasia. They’ve protected the profits of the 1% and - particularly since the 1970s - encouraged the increasing (and accelerating) concentration of wealth in the hands of fewer and fewer people.

Our choice is to stand with that - and hope it’s done nicely, without unnecessary killing - or oppose it, with the majority of the population of our country and the world.

Today, we need to begin by working to see that the Trump administration is not captured by the neoliberals and neoconservatives who have dominated all recent administrations, including particularly Obama’s.