[Peace-discuss] Jewish Voice for Peace: #StopBannon for Palestine

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Tue Nov 22 08:57:50 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ari Wohlfeiler, JVP <ari at jewishvoiceforpeace.org>
Date: Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 1:10 AM
Subject: #StopBannon for Palestine
To: naiman at justforeignpolicy.org

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=bet%2BS7ip1CTjyFM1iNY6mTHN4YaAK90P>

Dear Robert,

There’s a huge fight growing over Steve Bannon, the president-elect’s
appointed Chief Strategist.

*And we need your help to escalate it. Will you make a $36 donation today
to help us #StopBannon?*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=8ofsD8KCUGHNIq%2BhPKX1WjHN4YaAK90P>

It’ll be Bannon’s job to be Trump’s ideologue-in-chief. And here’s his
ideology: Racism. Sexism. Xenophobia. Antisemitism. Islamophobia. *This is
one of the first big fights for the progressive movement in the Trump era,
so we are throwing down.*

And we have a unique role to play: we can force Jewish institutions to
speak out against Bannon. Last night, our NYC chapter helped lead a massive
protest against a Zionist Organization of America dinner hosting Bannon,
and we’ve got many more actions on the way. We want to get ads in Jewish
publications immediately.

*We need to raise $15,000 to fund this new wave of communications and
action planning. Please give now.*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=lo7P8gLt%2FeHyc%2BXZ3kysWzHN4YaAK90P>

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=35LKplA9NN6jEMua%2F21GPzHN4YaAK90P>

We’ve got almost 35,000 signatures on an open letter signed by nearly 100
leading organizations -- Jewish and social justice organizations big and
small representing hundreds of thousands of members.

Your $36 won’t go to something next year, but next week -- or even in the
next 24 hours. We’re hard at work planning rapid-response digital ads for
social media that we can put to use *starting tomorrow*. And there are ads
and posters and trainings and actions for the months ahead that we want to
be able to commit to *today*. That’s our plan to put more pressure on
moveable Jewish institutions to stand up and help #StopBannon.

There’s a particular political trait that it’s on us to understand and
expose. After all, why would the ZOA award someone known for their
antisemitic streak?

*Because Steve Bannon is both antisemitic and ultra-Zionist.*

And this means two big things:

   1. Jewish institutions who stay silent are giving Bannon cover, and
   revealing their true priorities. Their political muscles, it turns out, are
   built for defending Israeli policies, not protecting freedom and justice.
   The pressure we’re building has a real chance of pushing back on both Trump
   AND the pro-Occupation leadership of many Jewish institutions.
   2. The #StopBannon fight is a first attempt to see how much the
   progressive movement can reign in the Trump administration’s worst
   potential. Winning this first skirmish won’t make plans for a Muslim
   registry or mass deportations go away. But it will give us one more
   advantage as we fight -- and signal to Bannon’s white nationalist crowd
   (and ourselves!) that we’re capable of winning against Trump and his
   far-right friends.

*Can you make a $36 donation to #StopBannon?*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=7W816tT8nQmp2xN29DzdHiDjS6S1YRd2>

Groups like the Jewish Council on Public Affairs, dozens of local Jewish
federations and councils nationwide, and so many others so-called “leaders”
have been totally silent on Bannon. We don’t need Jewish organizations
built to defend Israeli apartheid at all costs -- we need Jewish
organizations ready to fight for dignity and equality, from the US to
Israel/Palestine.

And that’s what we’re doing. We’re showing up as the kind of Jewish
organization that’s ready and able to fightback against all that Trump
promises. It’s no coincidence that that’s the same kind of Jewish
organization that is ready and able to help win the Palestinian-led
struggle for liberation, justice, and equality.

*Can you give $36 today, Robert, to help JVP #StopBannon?*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2BjLUQLtenp2tZd5P%2FrMmxTHN4YaAK90P>

*Or even sign up to give $18/month to help us build the kind of Jewish
organization the next 4 years demands?*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=HqkuNTFjQMOsJoz%2Fw4EoiTHN4YaAK90P>

On Tuesday, our chapter in Chicago is taking our message to the local
Jewish federations and demanding accountability. We need resources to
mobilize a dozen more. We need to get eye-catching ads into Jewish
publications this week. We need to create resources to spread the fight
among the 100+ organizations who have signed on to help us #StopBannon.

*Can you help us build the $15,000 we need for this campaign as quickly as
possible with a gift today?*
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ib8dVJt1OMy%2FppxaaOXQMzHN4YaAK90P>

Now is the time to build the power we’re going to need in the days, weeks
and years to come. Please join us.

Ari
Ari Wohlfeiler
Deputy Director

Jewish Voice for Peace is a national membership organization inspired by
Jewish tradition to work for the freedom, equality, and dignity of all the
people of Israel and Palestine. Become a JVP Member today
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=MQ8ovQvSxgPcRnmByl6eyTHN4YaAK90P>
.

   - Donate
   <http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=EpJ8kn6BXBYTrX8zvGZX%2FTHN4YaAK90P>
   - Facebook
   <http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=bTYxs0%2Bdh1rIeu63RJY6zSDjS6S1YRd2>
   - Twitter
   <http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=sUKVx378Saq1LjDfOq%2FVMjHN4YaAK90P>
   - Forward to a friend
   <Enter+email+address+here?subject=FWD%3A+Check+This+Out&body=I+thought+you+might+be+interested+in+this+message+https%3A%2F%2Fhq-org.salsalabs.com%2FblastContent.jsp%3Femail_blast_KEY%3D1355538>

www.Jewishvoiceforpeace.org
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=dK7A2FpiF488IU1wGCFdsiDjS6S1YRd2>

1611 Telegraph Ave. Suite 1020 Oakland, CA 94612

(510) 465 1777