[Peace-discuss] 5:30pm Sat, 4:00pm Sun: Kathy Bergen to speak about justice in Palestine at First Mennonite Church

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 17:12:10 UTC 2016

Kathy Bergen - peace activist, Mennonite, who has spent sixteen of the
last 32 years in Palestine - speaking this afternoon and tomorrow:

   First Mennonite Church, 902 W Springfield

   *5:30pm-6:45pm  Sat Oct 1st* (today!)
   "Jerusalem: A city of conflict, a city of peace"

   *9:15am Sun Oct 2nd*
   Guest preacher at First Mennonite Church
   "Singing the Lord's Song Together - What does it mean?"

    *4:00pm-5:30pm  Sun Oct 2nd*
    "What is happening in Palestine/Israel and what can I do about it?"
    Katherine Crosby will also share her reflections about her recent
experience with a CPT delegation in Palestine.

(Dannie Otto writes: ...)

I am sending this out to folks who may be interested in several public
talks in Urbana this weekend by Kathy Bergen who will be visiting
Barbara and me this weekend. I am attaching her bio and a flier with her
schedule. I had hoped to arrange for her to speak on campus, but
couldn't get it done. Both talks will be at First Mennonite Church at
Springfield and Lincoln.

Kathy is one of our oldest friends. We knew her before she was
transformed by her first visit to Jerusalem in 1982. She has lived in
Palestine since then except for several periods of time when she was
working for international NGOs on Palestinian issues based in Geneva,
Switzerland and in Philadelphia. Two years ago she retired and returned
to Canada, but she is unflagging in continuing her work to inform people
about the situation in Palestine.

We would be pleased if you could attend her two public talks and even
more pleased if you could distribute this to any email list you might
have for people who are or should be interested in justice for
Palestinians. Please pass this on to friends, etc.

Kathy will be in town through Tuesday. If you or someone you know would
like to meet her for coffee/tea and  additional conversation, that would
be possible on Monday or Tuesday.

If you have any questions, just contact me.

Dannie Otto
217 254-9876