[Peace-discuss] Virtual AWARE meeting - Sunday 30 October

C. G. Estabrook carl at newsfromneptune.com
Mon Oct 31 00:05:02 UTC 2016

[1] The anti-Koh demo at UI COL was a splendid success: see accounts on the AWARE fb page. Thanks to Karen A, who organized it.

[2] AOTA taping Tuesday at noon should include accounts of the Koh demo: I hope participants in the law school happening can be there to talk about it. The program should focus on the war news that is being carefully avoided by the administration/Clinton campaign/MSM. “It’s quiet … too quiet…” [from the film "The Lucky Texan" (1934), starring John Wayne, Barbara Sheldon and George 'Gabby’ Hayes (who was favorite of mine when we both were younger)].

[3] Do we have a table scheduled at any indoor/outdoor markets in November?

[4] We have a First Saturday demo this week (Nov. 5); I’ll draft a flyer on why people should join the anti-war movement, regardless of the outcome of the presidential election. Suggestions welcome…

[5] "Central Illinois chapter of Progressive Democrats of America is hosting CODEPINK Co-Founder and author Medea Benjamin at a book signing for her new book, Kingdom of the Unjust: the U.S.-Saudi Connection, 4:00-5:30 pm on Saturday, Nov. 5, at McKinley Presbyterian Church in Champaign."

[6] Other old/new business?

Coraggio, CGE