[Peace-discuss] For reference: USG crimes

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Apr 1 14:50:39 UTC 2017

Why the US is “the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today” (M. L. King).

Since WWII the government we’re responsible for has killed between 20 and 30 million people in 37 countries, for the benefit of the American 1%.

The map shows the scenes of the principal crimes, as the US government continues its attempt to control Mideast energy resources.

Control of - not just access to - Mideast gas and oil has been the cynosure of all post-WWII US administrations, not because the US needs them for domestic consumption - we get enough for that from North America and the Atlantic basin (Venezuela to Nigeria) - but because control of energy resources gives the US 1% a choke-hold over their economic rivals from Germany to China.