[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Political talks last night

Carl G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Apr 30 18:39:54 UTC 2017

Minhaj:

"We gotta address the elephant that's not the in room. The leader of our country is not here.... that's because he's all the way in Moscow."

"He tweets at 3 AM... sober. Who is tweeting at 3 AM sober? Donald Trump, because it's 10 AM in Russia. Those are business hours!"

Bee:

"Probably the Russian ambassador is here. He turns up everywhere."

"Donald Trump is, of course, celebrating his hundredth day in office by trying to win Pennsylvania with a small rally that no one in this room was forced to cover. That assignment went to the reporter that must’ve fucked his boss’s wife."

"We are living in a Golden Age of journalism. Unfortunately, that’s partly due to a golden president who’s rumored to enjoy golden showers.”

In faux-flashbacks, Bee cracked jokes through era-appropriate camera filters. "Every day, we're learning more details about the Iran-Contra scandal," she said, dressed like Madonna in an '80s moment. "This story has more wrinkles than the president's nut sack."