[Peace-discuss] [ufpj-activist] CNN: Saudi Arabia calls deadly strike on Yemeni civilians a 'mistake'

Robert Naiman naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
Sun Aug 27 14:10:27 UTC 2017

This particular "mistake" could be stopped by turning four of these five
Senate Democrats: Mark Warner of Virginia, Claire McCaskill of Missouri,
Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Bill Nelson of Florida, Joe Manchin of West
Virginia. These five Senate Democrats voted on June 13 to keep arming Saudi
Arabia's war in Yemen, when 43 Senate Democrats and 4 Senate Republicans
voted to stop arming Saudi Arabia's war in Yemen. 47 plus four equals 51.

Why isn't there more interest in stopping this catastrophe, when doing so
would only require turning four Senate Democrats?

===

Robert Naiman
Policy Director
Just Foreign Policy
www.justforeignpolicy.org
naiman at justforeignpolicy.org
(202) 448-2898 x1

@clairecmc, @SenDonnelly, @Sen_JoeManchin, @MarkWarner, @SenBillNelson:
#StopArmingSaudi War Crimes in Yemen
https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/senate-stop-arming-saudi?r_by=1135580

House: Use War Powers to Save A Million Yemeni Kids from Cholera & Famine
https://petitions.moveon.org/sign/force-vote-on-saudi-war?r_by=1135580