[Peace-discuss] Ajamu Barack Black Alliance for Peace

Karen Aram karenaram at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 2 19:03:14 UTC 2017

We're creating a public education program... Help us raise $120,000!

[The Black Alliance for Peace]<https://blackallianceforpeace.com/>

  *   Home<https://blackallianceforpeace.com/>

  *
About Us

  *
Press

  *   Events<https://blackallianceforpeace.com/events/>

  *   Take Action<https://blackallianceforpeace.com/actions/>

  *   Join BAP<https://blackallianceforpeace.com/join-bap/>

  *   Newsletter<https://blackallianceforpeace.com/newsletter/>

  *   Donate<https://blackallianceforpeace.com/donate/>
  *   Contact Us<https://blackallianceforpeace.com/contact-us/>

[Beyond-Vietnam2.jpg]

A PEOPLE(S)-CENTERED HUMAN RIGHTS PROJECT AGAINST WAR, REPRESSION AND IMPERIALISM

DONATE<http://blackallianceforpeace.com/donate>

[AP_249065993900meme.jpg]

Mission:

The Black Alliance for Peace (BAP) seeks to recapture and redevelop the historic anti-war, anti-imperialist, and pro-peace positions of the radical black movement. Through educational activities, organizing and movement support, organizations and individuals in the Alliance will work to oppose both militarized domestic state repression, and the policies of de-stabilization, subversion and permanent war agenda of the U.S. state globally.

“Increasingly, by choice or by accident, this is the role our nation has taken, the role of those who make peaceful revolution impossible by refusing to give up the privileges and the pleasures that come from the immense profits of overseas investments. I am convinced that if we are to get on the right side of the world revolution, we as a nation must undergo a radical revolution of values. We must rapidly begin...we must rapidly begin the shift from a thing-oriented society to a person-oriented society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights, are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, extreme materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered.” (Dr. King, Beyond Vietnam – A Time to Break Silence)

“The interlinked systems of white supremacy, imperialism, capitalism and patriarchy shape the violence we face. As oppressed people living in the US, the belly of global empire, we are in a critical position to build the necessary connections for a global liberation movement. Until we are able to overturn US imperialism, capitalism and white supremacy, our brothers and sisters around the world will continue to live in chains. Our struggle is strengthened by our connections to the resistance of peoples around the world fighting for their liberation. The Black radical tradition has always been rooted in igniting connection across the global south under the recognition that our liberation is intrinsically tied to the liberation of Black and Brown people around the world.”  (Movement for Black Lives Platform)

As descendants of Africa, still recalling the sting of the driver's lash borne by our foremothers and forefathers, the kidnapping, the trade, we are the casualties of imperialist wars and domestic terrorism.  The Black radical voice must ground itself in the movement to end wars across the globe and boldly speak out against repression and the rise of fascism in all its many forms.

-Jaribu Hill, Mississippi Workers Center for Human Rights and member of BAP Coordinating Committee