[Peace-discuss] The Pentagon, CIA, and NSA are in charge

Dianna Visek divisek at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 3 19:27:28 UTC 2017

 I like the name "National Security State" because it's so clear in it's implications for our civil rights and the world.
Dianna

    On Sunday, December 3, 2017, 10:53:49 AM CST, Karen Aram <karenaram at hotmail.com> wrote:

 An excellent article, the National Security State, as a label for the USG is in league with Deep State, Military Industrial Complex, etc for what we have big time. It does sound better than Deep State, a term coined by author Mike Lofgren. He does however, in his book of the same name, point out that It’s not just the three establishments referred to below: Pentagon, CIA, and NSA. It includes the influence of the Council on Foreign Relations and many Think Tanks, with support “monetary” from the many corporations and contractors profiting from war and militarism.
We’ve reached the point in time, where within the establishment, all referred to above, the fight for power and control is taking place.

The Pentagon, CIA, and NSA are in charge
Source: Future of Freedom Foundation
by Jacob G Hornberger
“What is a national security state? It’s a particular type of governmental structure, one that is inherent to totalitarian regimes. North Korea is a national-security state. So is China. So is Egypt. So is the United States. A national-security state consists of three primary components, all of which can be centralized into one entity or divided into separate departments and agencies. One component is a massive military establishment, one that plays a dominant role in society, both economically and sociologically. Another component consists of covert state-sponsored assassinations and cover-ups. The third component is secret monitoring of the citizenry — e.g., secretly listening in on telephone conversations, secretly reading people’s emails, secretly watching what people do on the Internet, and keeping secret files on people. In the United States, these three components are divided into three entities — the military establishment, the CIA, and the NSA.” (11/30/17)

https://www.fff.org/2017/11/30/pentagon-cia-nsa-charge/