[Peace-discuss] [Peace] Flyer for AWARE demonstration, Saturday 12/2

C G Estabrook cgestabrook at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 20:05:23 UTC 2017

Trying to give an accurate account of the politics and interests behind Obama, Clinton, and Trump is not to act as an apologist for any one of them - which you know I'm not.

Thomas Pynchon's great anti-war novel 'Gravity’s Rainbow’ (1973) has a section called “Proverbs for Paranoids.” (A ‘gravity rainbow’ is the parabolic trajectory of a rocket - the rainbow-shaped path created by a missile as it moves under the influence of gravity.) One of the Proverbs is

~ "If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers."

'How do we get rid of Trump?' is a wrong question, and they - the US political establishment - know it’s an effective distraction from critiques of their war policies.

—CGE