[Peace-discuss] 'Death Sentence': World Leaders Slam Trump Over Reckless Jerusalem Stunt - Sputnik International

Boyle, Francis A fboyle at illinois.edu
Thu Dec 7 21:05:59 UTC 2017

International law professor at the University of Illinois, Francis Boyle, in turn, believes that Trump's decision will undermine US relations with Arab and Muslim communities around the world.

 "It will only light a fire, which I think is interested in Trump ... he knows exactly what he started," Boyle said.  In his view, Trump's decision could lead to a massive uprising in the West Bank and Gaza Strip to end Israeli occupation.

 "I am afraid a large number of people will die because President Trump has just done it here, which could lead to new conflicts," he added.  He noted that about 3,000 Palestinians and a thousand Israelis were killed in the last war, which began in 2000.

 "It fits Trump's story about the clash of civilizations ... I think anyone who knows something about the Muslim and Arab world can foresee their reaction, I'm sorry to say that we tend to see this in the near future," - said Boyle. and US-backed Muslims will face instability and increasing violence from their citizens.

Francis A. Boyle
Law Building
504 E. Pennsylvania Ave.
Champaign, IL 61820 USA