[Peace-discuss] FW: Anti-Tax Rally by a coalition of groups

David Johnson davidjohnson1451 at comcast.net
Sun Dec 10 18:49:31 UTC 2017

Hello everybody,

Please join me and fellow Champaign Urbana residents this coming Saturday at
2 PM at the Federal Court House in Urbana to demonstrate that we will not
accept this horrible outrage of a tax bill.

Any questions please call me.

David Johnson

217-721-0583

Congress is rushing through a new tax bill that will increase taxes on
ordinary people by $4.5 trillion over ten years, the largest tax increase in
US history. The bill will trigger automatic cuts to Medicare and Social
Security, further devastate public education, and may include a massive tax
increase on graduate students. With $6 trillion in tax cuts for the rich,
this bill will transform the economy for generations to come, leading to
even more economic and racial inequality.

We've written and called our representatives to oppose the bill, but they've
shown us that they truly don't care. So we're not asking any more. On
Saturday 12/16 at 2pm, we will join nationwide protests against the tax bill
by rallying outside the federal courthouse in Urbana at 201 S. Vine St. Join
us and show that there will be no peace until this cruel bill is dead!