[Peace-discuss] Peace-discuss Digest, Vol 166, Issue 326

C G Estabrook cgestabrook at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 10:48:26 UTC 2017

Here’s the sort of thing Carol was caving into, David - as you know: <http://gothamist.com/2017/07/19/schumer_gillibrand_co-sponsor_senat.php <http://gothamist.com/2017/07/19/schumer_gillibrand_co-sponsor_senat.php>>.

I can see little sense in voting for any state or federal incumbents in 2018. They haven’t done well; perhaps their successors will be instructed by their rejection by the voters.

"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum – even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there’s free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate.” [Chomsky]

—CGE