[Peace-discuss] The Green Party on the tax bill

C G Estabrook cgestabrook at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 04:19:45 UTC 2017

What will be the reason?

From Tom Stoppard, “The Real Thing,” where the characters argue about the reasons for going to a political meeting (of the 'Justice for Brodie Committee’):

“...
HENRY. Perhaps one of us is worried that his image is getting a bit too right-of-centre. Another is in love with a committee member and wishes to gain her approval…
CHARLOTTE. Which one are you?
HENRY.  You think I’m kidding, but I’m not. Public postures have the configuration of private derangement.
MAX.  Who said that?
HENRY.  I did, you fool.
MAX.  I mean first.
HENRY.  Oh, first. (to ANNIE)  Take him off to your meeting., I’m sick of him.
ANNIE.  He’s not coming…"

—CGE