[Peace-discuss] details of asset seizure exec. order

Dianna Visek divisek at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 22 22:44:25 UTC 2017

Trump is saying that we can seize the property of anyone in the world who has engaged in "corruption", which is left undefined.  Here is the key paragraph:
"I therefore determine that serious human rights abuse and corruption around the world constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States, and I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat."

Here is the link to the actual order:
Executive Order Blocking the Property of Persons Involved in Serious Human Rights Abuse or Corruption | The White House

|  |  |

|  |
Executive Order Blocking the Property of Persons Involved in Serious Hum...

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, inc...