[Peace-discuss] Ramzy Baroud

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 9 14:59:54 UTC 2017

 Libya was the richest in Africa, and relatively stable until Hillary Clinton decided otherwise. Clinton was Secretary of State during Obama’s first term in office.In 2011, she craved for war. A ‘New York Times’ report citing 50 top US officials, left no doubt that Clinton was the ‘catalyst’ in the decision to go to war.Former Secretary of Defense, Robert Gates, furious about her support for a ‘broader mission’ in Libya, told Obama and Clinton that his army was already engaged in enough wars.“Can I finish the two wars I’m already in before you guys go looking for a third one?” Gates had reportedly said.Now, we are being led to believe that the war enthusiasts of the past are peacemakers, because Trump’s antics are simply too much to bear.The hypocrisy of it all should be obvious, but some insist on ignoring it.Party tribalism and gender politics aside, Trump is a mere extension and a natural progression of previous US administrations’ agendas that launched avoidable, unjust wars, embedded fear, fanned the flames of Islamophobia, hate for immigrants, etc.There is hardly a single bad deed that Trump has carried – or intends to carry out – that does not have roots in another policy championed by previous administrations.
The Uncomfortable Truth: Are We Hating Donald Trump for the Wrong Reasons?

|   |
The Uncomfortable Truth: Are We Hating Donald Trump for the Wrong Reasons?
 I fear that many of us are hating Donald Trump for the wrong reasons. Multitudes are being swayed by mainstream ...  |   |